cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtaining the SHA1 Key hash for an SSC from IOS for an Aironet 1230

stlee
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to create a self-signed cert on an Aironet 1230. The problem is that I cannot find a command that will show that the SHA1 Key hash is for the new cert. Anyone know how to find this?

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

Self-Signed Certificate Manual Addition to the Controller for LWAPP-Converted APs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00806a426c.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I've read that, but it assumes that your using the Cisco Upgrade utility which determines the SHA1 hash from the key and inputs it into the WiSM. we have about 1000 (non-MIC) waps that need to be converted over and doing them 10 at a time is not going to cut it. Therefore I want to write a script that will do it for us 100 at a time. My last stumbling block is figuring out how to get the SSC's SHA1 key hash from the wap once the certs been created. IOS commands only seem to provide the MD5 hash.

would this work?

show crypto pki certificates verbose | inc SHA1

Regards,

Roman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card