upgrade 4-7 Notes

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2009

I am upgrading cm 4.1 to 7 using DMA. Are there any major caveats I should be aware of i.e things not copied over? anything I should remove from the current cm db to get a clean dma file?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
rob.huffman Mon, 07/13/2009 - 16:03

Hi Dave,

One note to keep in mind when running DMA is thatr is should be done after hours if possible as it is quite CPU intensive. Here are two excellent docs;

Run DMA Early

Note Be aware that it is important that you run DMA early - possibly as early as weeks before the actual upgrade window to allow time for you to fix any non compliant data.

Completion Status Recognition

DMA completion can reflect four possible outcomes:

•Export Success & Validation Success

Note If your DMA run results in one of the following three outcomes, you must fix the inconsistencies and rerun DMA.

•Export Success & Validation Success but with Warnings

•Export Success & Validation Failure

•Export Failure

You can access the DMA log files from the final status window. You can use them to see what needs to be fixed.

Release Notes for Data Migration Assistant Release 7.0(1a)

DMA does not export this information:

•Custom Music on Hold (MOH) files-You must reapply these files after you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1).

•TFTP phone load files-You must reapply these files after you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1).

•Files on Cisco Unified Communications Manager subscriber servers-Subscriber servers obtain required information from the publisher server as part of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager upgrade process.

•CDR data-Data Migration Assistant does not migrate CDR data except the records in the CAR database. If you generate CDRs after you have run CDR loader in CAR, DMA does not migrate those CDRs. For information on configuring the CAR load schedule before you upgrade, see the Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability Administration Guide for the version of Cisco CallManager running on your system.

•Bulk Administration Tool Templates-Data Migration Assistant does not export Bulk Administration Tool templates.

•Passwords and PINs-Data Migration Assistant does not migrate passwords and PINs for users.

Data Migration Assistant User Guide Release 7.0(1a)

Hope this helps!

This Discussion