cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 4.0 prompts missing

benhendrickson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a clustered ipccx 4.0 environment with 2 servers one a publisher the other a subscriber. We are having an issue with the subscriber being turned on. Randomly it seems several prompts are "removed" from the prompts folder on both servers resulting in a failed script. The solution we have now is to manually replace the files on each server. Can anyone clue me in as to why this is happening and how to prevent it in the future?

2 Replies 2

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Ben,

Are you placing the prompts on the server manually or are you using the prompt management through the appadmin page?

Starting in 4.x, Cisco required that you use the prompt management through the appadmin page to upload prompts. A reference to the prompt is stored in the configuration database and when the engine is restarted it will remove any prompt that are on the server that are not referenced in the database.

The good thing about this is that you only need to upload prompts on one of the servers if you are using HA.

I think that is the issue.....There had been some changes to the script in question and we changed a few of the prompt file names. Thank you so much for the info, I have been racking my brain for months on this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: