cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audit Reports on Cisco Security Manager

dgrattan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to schedule audit reports from Cisco Security Manager and distribute those reports via email or some other method?

My auditors want a daily report of firewall configuration changes. They do not want to login into CS-Mgr every day to manually generate the report.

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Security Audit operates in one of two modes-the Security Audit wizard, which lets you choose which potential security-related configuration changes to implement on your router, and One-Step Lockdown, which automatically makes all recommended security-related configuration changes.

On routers that do not support the command scheduler interval, Security Audit configures the scheduler allocate command whenever possible. When a router is fast-switching a large number of packets, it is possible for the router to spend so much time responding to interrupts from the network interfaces that no other work gets done. Some very fast packet floods can cause this condition. It may stop administrative access to the router, which is very dangerous when the device is under attack. The scheduler allocate command guarantees a percentage of the router CPU processes for activities other than network switching, such as management processes.

The configuration that will be delivered to the router to set the scheduler allocate percentage is as follows:

scheduler allocate 4000 1000

I think you may be referring to a different product. I was referring to Cisco Security Manager and its Audit Reports screen. I was asking if there was a way to schedule specific reports instead of running them manually each day.