How do you assign a did to a button by itself on a phone

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I have a customer that has two inbound lines to their phone. They are both DID numbers and one is the main company line and is directed to a call blast group so that upon timeout it will transfer to the AA, the other is her direct line which rings straight to her extension.

How can I move the main line to another button on her phone? We need this to be able to tell that its a call from the main line and we dont want it shared with anything else.

The phone is a 524

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jorgediaz77 Mon, 07/13/2009 - 11:30
User Badges:

I believe what you want to do is set the second line on the phone to 'watch' the internal extension of the main line DID. Your DID should be configured with an internal number that corresponds to an ephone-dn listing in the CLI. You can do it through the CLI or through the CME web interface.

Through the CLI you need to know the ephone-dn for the users phone and for the main line. Once you have that do the following:

config t

ephone XX (ephone number for user you are modifying)

button 1:X 2wX (the first X is the ephone-dn of the users existing phone, the second X is the main line)

exit

wr

Through the CME log into the users profile via http://10.1.10.1 and select configure > Phone

Select the line you want to use for monitoring and set it to 'Watch' then pick the internal number for the main line DID.

Hope this helps,

Jorge

eoncablewire Mon, 07/13/2009 - 16:37
User Badges:

What about watching the blast group instead?

I will give the other a try, is it CCA 2.0 compatible?

Steven Smith Tue, 07/14/2009 - 06:53
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The best option to me would be to add another extension to that users phone.  Then have the blast group ring the other extension.  You can do that in CCA 2.0.

eoncablewire Tue, 07/14/2009 - 09:34
User Badges:

how do you add a second extension number to a phone in CCA 2.0. I havent noticed a way to do that. Please point me to a doc or tell me how.

Thanks for the help.

jorgediaz77 Tue, 07/14/2009 - 10:23
User Badges:

I generally use the command line, if you want to take that method you would want to create a new ephone-dn with an extension then add that extension to the blast group, example below:

ephone-dn  63
number 999
label 999
description 999
name 999

(you would obviously want to make sure you use an unused DN, best way to check is to do a show run | sec ephone command on the CLI to see all the used ephone-dns)

The number, label, description and name would correlate to the new extension you want to give it which would need to fit your numbering scheme. Once you have that you can go into the blast group and add that extension.

Then you can go back into the ephone of the user and do the following command:

button 1:X 2wXX

X= the primary ephone-dn associated with the users main extension

XX= the new ephone-dn you added

the w signifies 'watch' so the phone will 'watch' that line and act accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jorge

eoncablewire Tue, 07/14/2009 - 10:59
User Badges:

I did as you instructed:

ephone-dn  42
number 499
label 499
description ephone for 9600
name wave

voice hunt-group 2 parallel
final 299
list 401,499
timeout 16
pilot 512

Added the button to the ephone for the user:

ephone  8
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address XXXXXXX
ephone-template 16
max-calls-per-button 2
username "user" password 9999
type 524G
button  1:14 2w42 3:16

This didnt work. It created the button on the phone, it stays solid red, and the call blast group doesnt ring to it.

Was I supposed to create an ephone as well? If you didnt mention it in your post I didnt add it.

Thanks

jorgediaz77 Tue, 07/14/2009 - 11:02
User Badges:

OK, go into the ephone and change the button config to the following:

button  1:14 2:42 3:16

Sorry, the Watch feature may be what is causing the problem because the ephone-dn is a phantom and not an actual phone.

Thanks,

Jorge

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content