cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding does not work

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

Our system has worked with call forwarding and now it doesnt. All forwarding calls recieve a number not in service or unable to dial the number (I cant remember but its a fast busy either way)

What do I check for this? As far as I know I dont have to do any commands to make it work and I am not sure what settings to check.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Is this when forwarding a call to an external number or does it happen if you try to transfer to internal extensions as well?

Thanks,

Jorge

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Is this when forwarding a call to an external number or does it happen if you try to transfer to internal extensions as well?

Thanks,

Jorge

This occurs when forwarding a call to an external number. We have not tried forwarding calls to internal numbers yet as they didnt request it a a feature.

Sorry, just to clarify are you trying to use the 'call forward all' feature? If so are the users setting it with the appropriate prefix to pick up an outside line?

We had been using a 9 before the number for call forwarding. I tested this myself and it didnt work at all. I logged onto the router and called TAC. We did nothing that I am aware of and it started to work for local calls.

So now for some reason call forwarding works for:

external calls that are directed to an internal extension that are then forwarded to an external number.

external calls that are directed to an internal extension that are then forwarded to an internal number.

internal calls that are directed to an internal extension that are then forwarded to an external number.

The following does not work:

external INTERNATIONAL calls that are directed to an internal extension that are then forwarded to an external number.

Yesterday before the support call no external calls were able to forwarded to an external number from any phone.

We are entering the forwarded number in this format: 94445551212

Any suggestions?

Are you using a SIP trunk or what? Let's take a look at some of the debugs for a failed call and see what we find.

Thanks,

Marcos

Which spefic debugs should I do?

Are you using a SIP trunk or PSTN trunks?

Sip trunks with XO

Please collect and post the following debugs for a failed call:

debug ccsip messages

debug voip cccapi inout

Please indicate who is calling who, and what is the transfer-to target.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: