cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Transcoding methods when sending calls to CVP

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, The document titled "Cisco Unified Border Element for Contact Center Solutions" states that if xcoding is needed for agent phones that xcoding needs to be done on the CUBE. I have configured xcoding on the cube and this does work, but should I also be able to configure the CUBE itself to use an external DSPFarm as well? I have tried this unsuccessfully.

Please advise,

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi Chuck,

The transcoding on CUBE is exactly (is) like the CME transcoding. You simply register your DSPs to CME much like you would to CUCM, except you point it towards the CME address. The only real point to take note of is that you should use the command:

sccp ccm id 1 version 4.0

hth,

nick

nwkotze
Level 1
Level 1

If you have enough DSP in your gateway send: "sho inv" and "sho run" you will be able to configure transcoding and conferancing profiles, if you only need transcoding do just that(gateway config 1st the Callmanager "Hardware" Conferancing).

!

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/1

sccp ccm 10.41.5.1 identifier 500 version 4.1

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 500

bind interface GigabitEthernet0/1

associate ccm 500 priority 1

associate profile 1 register OR-DSP

!

dspfarm profile 2 transcode

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 3

associate application SCCP

no shut

!

dspfarm profile 1 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

conference-join custom-cptone jointone

conference-leave custom-cptone leavetone

associate application SCCP

no shut

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: