Views
Helpful
Replies

Schdeuled Backup in Cisco Switches

saurabh.bansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Is there any possibility we can schedule the backup of network devices with TFTP server (Solarwind Server) at a specific time as we have 300 N/W devices in our n/w and it is quite difficult to take the backup of each n/w device maually.

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Yes.. if you have Cirrus network manager (now NCM with new addition), you have to add all your devices to Cirrus, provide with valid login credentials, and create a scheduled jobs from Cirrus for daily/weekely backup of configs.

hth

MS

**Rate helpful posts**

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think so. I think it's easier to deploy the other SW solution, NCM. I would rather manage one piece of software than 300 cron jobs.

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/configuration_manager/

I would recommend RANCID as the best solution. RANCID is a much better solution than Solarwind NCM. We tested NCM and found that RANCID can do a much better job. RANCID requires that you must know Unix/Linux but it is a very powerful tool

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card