Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending an extra "0" with outbound calls

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

A customer got a fax in which more than 100 fax numbers (e.g. 012345678) of other companies have been pre-configured. Now they have changed to IP telephony and we have connected the fax through a Cisco ATA 186. With IP telephony they have to add an extra "0" while making an outbound call (e.g. 0012345678). The customer does not want to change all the pre-configured fax numbers and want us to slove this in the CUCM.

I know that there are two ways to slove this issue.

To create a separate Parition, CSS and Route Pattern (with extra "0"). I've configured this and it works fine.

But I have heard that you can also slove this with Translation Pattern. I've tried with Translation Pattern but it doesn't work.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

With an ATA, i think what you've done is the best option. Is there a reason you would prefer using a translation pattern?

I say "With an ATA" because I could see the advantage of using a translation pattern if you were using FXS ports on an IOS router. With an ATA, however, the voice gateway has no way of differentiating the fax traffic from general voice traffic, without some non-standard practices like custom prefixes or something.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering how you can achieve the same thing with a Translation Pattern.

Thanks.