cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID dial-plan conflict

chrisdaniels
Level 1
Level 1

I have a location who's DID numbers are 9600-9699 there extension numbers on there phones are 5600-5699. The telco is pulsing in 3 digits. I am wanting to do a translation rule to take the 3 digits pulsing in from the telco and ring the 5XXX extension number in CUCM. I am wanting to do this in there 2811 router so that it will work even in SRST. I am new to translations so please be clear.

11 Replies 11

Here ya go...

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /*/ /5/

!

voice translation-profile prefix5

translate called 1

!

The apply 'translation-profile incoming prefix5' to your inbound call leg dial-peer.

Chris

Thanks, I tried this and got the follow message.

mideastrtr01(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /*/ /5/

% ?+* follows nothing ^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Looks like it will not take the /*/.

Any ideals?

chris

Hi,

I believe that rule will not prefix 5 to your 3 digits from telco.

You need: rule 1 // /5/

Try that and let us know.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Use this syntax -

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /5\1/

!

this will match on any lenght string , and it will prefix '5' to the front of it -

UC520-120#test voice translation-rule 1 123

Matched with rule 1

Original number: 123 Translated number: 5123

Original number type: none Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none Translated number plan: none

UC520-120#

Thanks, that is working in the router now, however it is still not ringing my phone with the extension 5650, when I dial the DID XXXXXX9650.

Here is my dial-peer do I have something wrong?

dial-peer voice 209 voip

description Local dial-peer for destination-pattern 65. to extensions 651 -

translation-profile incoming prefix5

destination-pattern 65.

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:xxx.xx.xxx.xx

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

ip qos dscp cs5 media

ip qos dscp cs3 signaling

no vad

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

Your destination-pattern needs the 5 also.

Regards,

- Adrián.

I think you have the translation-pattern on the wrong dial-peer. This looks to be the outbound voip dialpeer. You want to put that translation pattern on the inbound pots dialpeer.

The way it's setup here, it will prepend a 5 to all calls dialed out from the CCM.

And then, yes, you would need to add a 5 to the destination pattern on the voip dialpeer.

I may be wrong but I thought Pots dial peers are outbound from the router and voip are inbound. That is the way I am using them in my config.

My pots peers point to local lines on an FXO that allows the branch to dial out local.

Correct me if I am looking at this wrong.

Thanks

Chris

Every call through a voice gateway has two call legs and uses two dial-peers.

Calls from the PSTN to the VOIP system use an inbound POTS dial-peer and an outbound VOIP dial-peer, whereas calls from the VOIP system to the PSTN use an inbound VOIP dial-peer and an outbound POTS dial-peer.

In most cases, unless you intentionally create a dedicated inbound dial-peer, the same dial-peer you configure for outbound is also used for inbound in the opposite direction.

So where are these calls entering the router from the PSTN?

Hi Chris,

I don't know if you already have this documents, but if not, this could help understanding dial peers (that sometimes at beginning is a bit confusing).

Understanding Inbound and Outbound Dial Peers Matching on IOS Platforms:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Configuring Dial Plans, Dial Peers, and Digit Manipulation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/voice/configuration/guide/vvfpeers.html

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Thanks for the information, I will take a look at it.

I was able to get this working. Each post added a little more insight to the issue.

In the end I was able to add the following statement to my VOIP dial peer.

translation-profile outgoing prefix5

This seemed to work.

Thanks 5 points to all.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: