cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF Links

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I am looking for some VRF links. I am setting up a MPLS network via Qwest Enhanced port, DIA and MPLS on same circuit. I am bringing in 2 circuits and running vrf on my edge. Each circuit will be going to 2 different edge routers running bgp with the peer, and ibgp internally. I am sending default routes to my internal switch running layer 3 via ibgp and doing some sort of load sharing across the links. I have it all working via dia.

I now need to add this next layer and will be doing so via VRF but I do not know where to start. I have started looking for links but as most of us know searching for doc via cisco search is not always the easiest solution!

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what I understand from your post, you are configuring the ISP facing interfaces under a VRF while leaving your internal network under the global routing table.

If that's the case, you will need route-leaking

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk832/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080231a3e.shtml

Any reason for this kind of design?

__

Edison.

In my design I have 2 edge routers.

These two edge routers are running ibgp between 2 4948 switches sending default routes only and I will be doing some load sharing to the edge. From the Edge I have 2 ds3's I am bringing in from Qwest on enhanced ports. These circuits are capable of having mpls AND dia on the same line (via frame connection).

In the midst of this set-up I will not have a dedicated mpls line instead I will have the ability to use both lines in dia AND mpls at the same time. I will have a cir set for mpls and the ability to burst above the cir as long as the bandwidth is available. The reason for this design is high availability and dr set-up.

With this set-up I was told I needed to set up VRF to get my traffic sent appropriately to the correct access.

I was going to create a MPLS vrf and a DIA vrf. With no knowledge of vrf I needed a starting point so I knew what I was looking for.

If there is an easier way then I am open to it.

Basically I need the ability to load share mpls across 2 links as well as load share my dia. If vrf is the way to go then I am up for the challenge. If it is another method then I am up for that too.

I'm not sure how you are planning to load share among 2 different routing tables. I believe this project requires professional onsite assistance and 'white boarding' so you won't miss any business/technical requirement.

It's not something that you can learn on an internet forum.

___

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco