cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G Shows MWI and VM Icons with no messages in the VM Server

jerome
Level 1
Level 1

SPA525G Shows MWI and VM Icons with no messages in the VM Server... A customer can NOT make the MWI light.. or VM Icons go away, and there are NO messages sitting in the vm server.  Anyone heard of this or is it a known bug?0713091242.jpg

5 Replies 5

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jerome,

What is providing call-control for the SPA525G? SPA9000, UC500, Asterisk, other?

I've not seen this before.

Are there other phones in use that do not have this issue?

If you're using the SPA525 in SIP-mode, please enable debug, capture the phone's config, and send to me at paborn at Cisco.com for analysis.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick,

We use an Autoprovisiong method from a system we have built on our own... Panterra Networks...  The 525G we used inside our own labs to certify the phone does NOT have this issue, it is the 525G at one of our Var labs.  We have asked him to confirm if he used our Autoprovisionig or if he manually configured the phone and we have asked him to debug and send the configuratin ver to us... once he does this I will get you in information.

Great, thanks Jerome.

Pat,

How do you put a 525 into debug moge? and is there a sepcific debug command you want us to run or did you just want the config?  I can't see any option to debug/sh config in the web interface and the phone wont allows us to telnet to it, at least using port 23.  Thanks....

-jerome

Hi Jerome,

Assuming the SPA525G is running in SIP-mode:

Enable debug is described in the SPA troubleshooting Debug and syslog messages available from:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2148

Direct link: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-3033

Once you've enabled debug, and have a syslog server defined, cause the SPA525G to reboot so I can view the debug output. I'm hoping that this will provide a clue as to why MWI is illuminated.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: