cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM - Prevent voicemail TUI access?

jblalock1337
Level 1
Level 1

Gents, is there a way to prevent a user from accessing voicemail via the TUI, but still allow them to listen to it inOutlook?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can think of a couple things you could try.

The simplest would be to change the Telephone User Interface (TUI) password so that they could not log in over the phone.

A second option would be to to create an Internet Subscriber account instead of a regulaer subscriber account and set the SMTP address to their Exchange mailbox SMTP address. Internet Subscribers can not log in to their account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can think of a couple things you could try.

The simplest would be to change the Telephone User Interface (TUI) password so that they could not log in over the phone.

A second option would be to to create an Internet Subscriber account instead of a regulaer subscriber account and set the SMTP address to their Exchange mailbox SMTP address. Internet Subscribers can not log in to their account.

I was hoping that there was just a checkbox that I could enable that I hadn't seen before =)

I guess I'll have to stick with the workarounds - thank you much!

There is a check box that allows you to lock the subscriber out of their box from the TUI on the Subscriber --> Account admin page. The option is called Cisco Unity TUI access status. You have the option of locking the account.

The account will be locked for the duration of time speciffied under your systems Accont Policy.

See the Account Policy --> Phone Lockout Policy web page to determine your current setting. The Account Policy is a system wide setting.

Interesting, I didn't think to use that feature. This will have no effect on listening to voicemails in Outlook? (I don't have a Unity server to test this with)

No, this setting only applies to TUI access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: