cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address Change of CUE?

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

Trying to change the IP address of the CUE? Any documentation on how to make that change? Did a search, but could not find anything relevent. Thanks.

13 Replies 13

This is certainly possible, but very involved. Before you go down that path, why exactly are you needing to do this? Hopefully we can find a workaround that will help you not to.

Thanks,

Marcos

Here is the issue: 10.1.10.0/24 is already in use on the clients international MPLS network. This client treats their remote office as part of their cloud. They like the UC500 for the remote branch/sales offices but need to centrally administer all aspects of the UC500 including leveraging the CUE GUI. They want all IP addresses at this site to be in a specific range for administrative purposes.

Is NAT going to be disabled in this setup? If not, then you could create a port forwarding rule on each CE (UC500) to the CUE IP. If NAT is indeed disabled, then the CUE IP would have to be different at each CE site. I will create a document on how to change this IP and post it here shortly.

Thanks,

Marcos

Did this document get created?

Thanks

Sorry for not updating the thread. We decided to keep this information internal for now. No secrecy, it is just that the process is so complicated that it would probably trigger unnecessary TAC cases. This feature will be incorporated in future versions of CCA.

Thanks,

Marcos

No worries, I found a doc on the CUE Wiki.  The step I couldn't remember was to restart the CUE module.

Thanks

Can you post the link to the document?

Fixed in version 2.1?

Can the UC540 CUE IP address be changed or would that trigger an out-of-support issue for the SMB support desk?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi finalconnect,

Trying to change the IP address of the CUE? Any documentation on how to
make that change? Did a search, but could not find anything relevent.
Thanks.

Are you still after the information on how to do this?

If so i have documented this now since i have just finished 2 networks that are operting on MPLS, it is a fairly complex change but can be done and does work properly.

However i must point out that in our instance the CUE and the CME had to work on the same subnet, if your setup is going to different again, please let me know so i can look at the documentation and make any changes that may need to be done.

Keep in mind, it would be preferred that you know how to do this as well, i only attempted it cause i had a CCIE guy on standby to assist if it all went pair shape, you may not have that privilage.

I will start working on having it documented in a fashion i am comfortable with releasing it to other parties.

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT]

NOTE: This type of setup is not supported by TAC, if you run into any troubles dont get offended if they turn you down ;) this is not a typical setup and the TAC officers might not be trained up for this type of scenario, i spent time checking this out and waying up the pro's and con's, it has to be done in the end regardless because this is the only way the client could have the Cisco run on their network.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Can you send me this documentation on how to change the CUE IP?  I've been searching and tried some suggestions, but doesn't work for me.  Thanks.

Hey David,

Did you use this link, and click on the config tech note for changing the CUE IP?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/tsd_products_support_maintain_and_operate_technotes_list.html

Or did you create a document for this scenario?

Appreciate your efforts David,

Andrew Lissitz

Hi Andrew,

Or did you create a document for this scenario?

Appreciate your efforts David,

Actually when I discover how to do something new I put it in a text file with some explanation as to how I arrived at this configuration, this way I can easily replicate the configuration at a later date, sadly if I do not repeat something enough times I tend to draw a blank later on when trying to remember how I did it last time.

However the process was easy to do after the first third time, and since this was driven by doing a multi-site deployed residing on an MPLS network, I had to do the configuration more than once, and on top of that you cannot just use a standard configuration it does require manual work every time.

The process was for this particular deployment:

• Change the IP address in the CUE  and write mem
  • Change the "interface Integrated-Service-Engine0/0" ip address on the CME to reflrect this change
  • Change the "interface BVI100" to reflect the IP address change as well
  • Change the "ip forward-protocol nd" to reflect the IP address change as well
  • Change the "sccp local" & the "sccp ccm" to reflect the IP address change as well
  • Change the Voip Dial-Peer to reflect the change as well
  • Write mem after all the changes are made, power down the system (Not just reload as that didnt work all the time) and power it back up, this would set the changes in and the CME and CUE would be able to talk to each other.

Some of the changes on a non-flat network are not required, it all depends on the actual deployment, you may at times get away with just 2-3 changes it all comes down to how the UC was being deployed to what actual changes took places, so it is not a straight forward change in the majority of cases.

I hope I was clear with this, if you need further clarification please ask and I will respond.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: