display issue on SPA525G - 7.0.3 UC500 build

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2009

The last character of the phone users last name is not displaying on any SPA525G phone. This occurs regardless of the name configured in CME/CCA for any specific phone. For example, the name Nick Christiano displays as Nick Christian. The name Lauren Stuckley displays as Lauren Stucke and so on.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix for this? Anyone's name that is over 11 characters (excluding the space between first and last) is only getting the last letter of their last name cut-off. What is odd is that a 13 character name only gets the last letter cutoff the same as a 14 character name.

If there is no fix for this, can the display order be changed from FIRST LAST to LAST, FIRST?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Tue, 07/14/2009 - 06:30

I just tried it.

Nick Christiano displays as Nick Chrtistian

Lauren Stuckley displays as Lauren Stuckl

But then I tried Laurn Stiikley and it displays as Lauren Stiikley

I think this shows that the display is more than just a set number of charachters but rather the size of charachters.  This is why you see the difference.

You can flip flop the first and last name in CCA, but this will impact the dial by name in a negative way.  You may want to consider abbreviating the first name (maybe just initial)?

Hope this helps

Steve DiStefano

SE US Field Channel Sales

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content