cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 Hardware

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Is it possible to put 4 NM in the 3845? I am trying to put a fax solution together using the EVM-HDA- ??? 24FXS. can I put 4 of them in a 3845 for a total of 96 fxs ports?

Is there a maximum amount of FXS ports you can add to a 3845 router?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A 3845 only supports two EVM modules per chassis. You'll also need to carefully plan your DSP resources to ensure you have enough.

Supporting documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/isr.pdf

EVM-HD Slots: Extension Voice Module - High-Density

-The EVM-HD has the same form factor as a regular NM1

-EVM-HD offers additional voice services and higher density for in a module format.

-EVM-HD slot can take advantage of the PVDMs on the motherboard to

provide service to voice interfaces.

-The dedicated EVM slots on the 2821 and 2851 cannot accept NM/NME modules.

On the 3825, 1 EVM module is allowed in either of the 2 NME slots. On the 3845, 2 EVM modules are allowed in either of the 4 NME slots.

What is the largest EVM port density can two support 96 fax machines? Is there some type of device which allow 100 fax ports?

The EVM supports up to 24 FXS ports so you could get up to 48 ports in a 3845 chassis.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/modules/ps3115/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016c1c6_ps5855_Products_Data_Sheet.html

For that density within a single chassis you would probably need to look at the AS5400 series chassis with an external demuxer to down-step from the T1 to individual FXS ports. I wouldn't recommend this approach though. I would just use multiple chassis.

Is there a way to bulk add these ports into CUCM for this type of gateway (3845)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: