cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Line voltage

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

The line voltage for all VG224 ports is low (10-11V).

I have change the idle-voltage to high and the impedance to 600r, and it still didn't do any change.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? i need at least 24 volts to operate my analog phones

7 Replies 7

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

The VG224 Line voltages are documented at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008011c7f3.shtml#line

The idle-voltage low setting designates -24 V and the idle-voltage high setting designates -48 V.

There's a bug: CSCsc74959 that explains why you can get 37V instead of 48V, but apparently you are still getting a low voltage even though you

set it to high, correct?

Make sure you configured the idle-voltage high under each voice port and try doing a shut/no shut to the port too.

If you measure the voltage how much do you get? and what IOS version are you using?

Hope this helps! If it does, please rate :)

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

i made sure all the ports are configured with idle-voltage high. I also didd shut/no shut on every ports. Still getting a measured voltage of 10V to 11V.

The version is 12.4(6)XE1. The other thing is that i have 2 other units (VG224) configured exactly the same with the same version number and they work fine. Also as i remember this gateway was working fine before

Can you try using the "no battery-reversal" on the voice-port? And see if this helps?

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

We are facing the same issue, when you set idle-voltage high, it is not showing when you check the running config or do a show voice port..

Any ideas?

We are running an MGCP VG224 Version 12.4(22)T5

Anyone able to fix this? Is it a bug?

Try this command

vg(config-voiceport)#alt-battery-feed feed2

Regards

Haitham

We run multiple vg224 and the maximum we can get is 39v on idle-voltage high. As we know vg224 can only go 43v and in order to get that i used alt-battery-feed feed2.

hi , i am having an issue with parallel connection on VG 320, when a third phone is connected,

the two other phones lose dial tone.

any idea what may be the cause.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: