cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Phone Numbers in Bulk - HELP

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have Call Manager 6.1 and will be changing all our 4 digit line numbers. I want to do this in bulk rather than have to change it on each phone. I have been trying the BAT with no success so I must be doing it wrong. What is the best way to change the line number on over 250 phones? The external mask also needs to change but that is all. Everything else stays the same.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use BAT export ALL DETAILS option. delete phones, modify DNs in BAT, reimport using also ALL details

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'd rather not delete all my phones....can't I just update two fields???

How do you want to change the DNs?

Well, I know the NEW DN's and I have exported all of the current ones. I also know the MAC addresses of the phones from an export. I would like to just assign the new DN's to the existing phones and update them in bulk. Kind of like changing one by hand but I want to do this in bulk since I know the old DN, new DN and mac addresses.

Hi,

I know that this is an old post and that the solution for CallManager 6.1 is to use BAT export ALL DETAILS option, delete phones, modify DNs in BAT, reimport using also ALL details. However, I would like to confirm if for CallManager 8.6 this is the only way also, or is there another way to do it in bulk for a large number of phones

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: