Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Compliance Check Per-interface pre-req

zztopping
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to do something similar to:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddcdade

Where I want to have an interface's subcommand as a prequisite to apply other commands to the interface. Basically:

if interface -switchport mode trunk, then apply X

In the thread above, jclarke said RME had a limitation where it could not do this. Has it been resolved? If it has, I need some help with my template.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are using a negative prerequisite, so you are seeing bug CSCsv25190. This bug is fixed in LMS 3.2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is doable in RME 4.1 and higher.

Can you tell me what is wrong with this logic? I know my interface Regex is good, as this works fine without the prerequisite check. This should return any port 1/0/1 - 1/0/24 that does NOT have switchport mode trunk, has the + commmands below. When I do a check, it just returns that I do not have any of the prerequisites...should return "compliant"

PreReq:

Parent: None

Prereq: None

Prereq?: Checked

Submode: interface [#.*/0/([1-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-4])#]

CLI:

- switchport mode trunk

Check:

Parent: PreReq

Prereq: PreReq

Prereq?: Not Checked

Submode: Blank

CLI:

+ switchport mode access

+ switchport nonegotiate

+ spanning-tree portfast

+ storm-control broadcast level 1.00

+ storm-control multicast level 1.00

You are using a negative prerequisite, so you are seeing bug CSCsv25190. This bug is fixed in LMS 3.2.

Running LMS 3.2 now with RME 4.3.1, still hitting this bug(at least a variation of it)

My (current) specific complaint is as follows:

Prerequisite:

Submode:

interface [#.*#]

Checks:

+switchport mode trunk

-[#channel-group.*#]

In theory, this is to match all trunk ports that are not a member of a port channel. In testing, this matches ALL trunks(basically ignoring the negative statement).

In further testing, if i remove the positive statement ("+switchport mode trunk") and leave ONLY the negative check ("-channel-group") it DOES match all ports not a member of a portchannel.

So it seems this bug has been partially fixed, in that negative prereq checks DO work, just not in combination with a postivie check.

Is there a current bug logged? Or better yet, is there a workaround for this?

This is CSCta80687.  The problem stems from the fact that your negative prereq uses regular expressions (this bug only happens in certain circumstances).  There is currently no fix or workaround.  It will be fixed in LMS 4.0 due out this summer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: