cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus manager collection questions

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I recently upgraded to Campus Manager 4.0.13, these questions are regardiding things that were present before upgrade.

Campus Manager is supposed to be for collecting data on Layer 2 devices, correct?

If so, I was just wondering about this.

Campus Manager is dicovering layer three devices and showing that data was collected on them in System Status, but no data shows up for routers, firewalls and content switches (CSS).

Is this normal?

Is there information I should be collecting on these devices?

Also, there is one device (CSS) that is not showing up in discovery, but shows up in Data Collection (even though there is no data).

This may be just aesthetic, but I was wondering why this is.

I have checked the discovery setting and everything is set for the discovery to happen and for CiscoWorks should be able to find during discovery, because it shows up in Data Collection.

Any ideas?

This is a CSS in our DR site. The Css in HQ is showing up in discovery.

Also, all of the modules seem to be doing their own discovery, is there any way to configure all of these modules to sync to the same discovery?

Otherwise, thay all have to be staggard.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager builds a layer 2 topology of the network. It is primarily interested in switches, but it also performs Data Collection on routers in order to provide User Tracking with ARP data. Campus does not support PIX, ASA, or FWSM devices as they do not support CDP.

Most CSS devices are supported:

11501R

11503R

11506R

Provided they have the required minimum version of code, and SNMP is properly configured.

Discovery might not be finding the CSS because CDP is not properly configured. However, if the CSS was already in DCR, then Campus will perform Data Collection on it.

Joe,

Both of the CSS devices seem to come and go.

It seems I will see one, then the other one, at different times.

Both CSS devices are in DMZs and Cisco Works is inside, SNMP is enabled thru the firewall, but CDP may be the issue.

A different question,

Can RME be configured to shedule to pull software periodically off of each device and put it in the repository?

Also to purge old software from repository?

And can any of the modules send an e-mail alert notifying when a config change occurs?

There is a function in "tools\change audit\automated actions" that looks like it might do that.

I have it configured for category "config change", but I am not getting anything from it, all other e-mail alerts are working fine.

If the CSS appear and disappear from the map, then it sounds like they have the same sysName. This is a problem. You must make sure each device in your network has a unique sysName (typically this is the hostname).

As for your RME questions, these should be asked in new thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: