Level 1

Error 1067:

Could not start the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service

Please help me sorting out this issue..

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What errors do you see in the Windows Event Viewer?

i have attached event view log for your review...

This events.txt file is not a text file, but binary data. I cannot read it. What are the contents of the error events? What information do you see related to Daemon Manager?

Please find some of the errors i could see in event viewer

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s).

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service entered the running state.

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service was successfully sent a start control.

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

The CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine service entered the running state.

The CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine service was successfully sent a start control.

The WMI Performance Adapter service entered the stopped state.

The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service entered the running state.

Post the NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties as well as NMSROOT\log\syslog.log.

Please find md.properties attached,

And syslog is 980 MB , so that wont be possible to attach here....

You can compress the syslog.log then post it.

Hi Joe,

I need you to please treat this with high priority, as we are using cisco LMS for monitoring our Production servers, meantime yesterday there was a major issue and din't receive any alarm , as our lms was dead..

I request you to please help me sorting out this issue at the earliest.

The forum is a best-effort support medium only. Answering these questions is not part of my job, and I do so when I am able. If you need urgent help, open a TAC service request, and they can assist you in real time.

Hi Joe,

I do understand the same, But i requested your help as you have always been accurate in helping me out of any issues, that too in very short span of time period.

Again, i request you/Netpros to please guide me / help me in sorting out this issue.

I would really be thankfull to all of you.

Regards

As I said, I need to see your syslog.log. IT would also be helpful to see dmgtDbg.log. If the files are too big, compress them. They are text, and will compress quite well.

I tried to compress Syslog.log but the size is still 52 MB...

is there other way we can get Daemon manager working....

You can open a TAC service request, and then they can provide you an FTP site to which the files can be uploaded. Once there, they can be analyzed to find a solution.

Hi, Thanks for your support , but The Device is not in coverage anymore, so its not possible for us to open a TAC case.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco