cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital networked Unity servers not replicating

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

we have 3 digitally networked Unity 5.x servrs - 1 dialling domain, same AD etc.

server's 1 and 2 recently lost connectivity to its DC recently but this has now recovered.

Updates on server 1 and 2 are being replicated to servers 3 but servers 1 and 2 are not seeing changes made on any of the other servers, i.e changes on 2 are not replicated to 1 and changes to 1 are not replicated to 2. Changes to 3 are not being replicated to 1 and 3 ???

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

From each server, make sure you are not seeing any AvDSAD errors to the other DCS in the other domains in the application event log. I recommend running DCGC Reconnect Tool on each server and test/force replication to resynch. Also make sure each Unity server is pointing to the same server for its local DC & GC. If you are not seeing any errors, you could just restart the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog service on each Unity server which will force a resynch. Note: I have seen instances in our environment whereby having the DCs out of synch in my digital network resulted in license pooling errors.

Regards,

Ginger

Hi Ginger, thanks for the reply, very useful as always. yes there are AvDSAD errors and one of the servers has got a different GC to its DC (should be the same).

I have tried restarting those services and this did not fix the issue. I have a TAC open now , Cheers, Jag.