Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N v2 freezes

urbantopit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I am having some problems with WRVS4400N v2.

We use it just for wired network (wireless is not in use, but it is configured). As a WAN we use PPPoE. Most machines do not use DHCP.

After a while (few hours to few days after power up) the router freezes and it is not accessible. I cannot ping it or access to the admin page.

Based on thread

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/2523?tstart=0

I have the latest firmware version (V1.00.09-ETSI)

I also called service and they suggested to reset it to factory settings and reconfigure it. And if it does not help I should send it to them.

Do you have any hints for me before I send it to service?

Thanks,

Urban

3 Replies 3

jarharpe
Level 1
Level 1

I recommend contacting SBSC and get that unit replaced.

1-866-606-1866 = SBSC

micbaker
Level 1
Level 1

Urban,

Searched and did not see this post until now.

I am having the same issue with the WRVS4400N V2.

Things I have tried:

I have a ping script pinging my routers LAN, WAN and DNS IP addresses.  Always at no set time, the WAN and DNS drop but the local LAN continues.

I can get this restarted by releasing the WAN IP address via DHCP Release and then renew and all comes back.

I can reset the router cold/warm start and all comes back.

I can reset the Cable Modem and all comes back.

Looking on the web someone suggested setting the MTU to 1492 from default 1500 with no success.

Upgraded firmware to 2.0.0.7, then 2.0.0.8 then 2.0.1.3.  Same results.

For a Small Business Router, I would expect that it would be more stable than what it is.  I don't have the cash flow to go out and purchase a High End router, so I am stuck with this one for now.

Any help out there from Cisco Small Business Support?

Michael -- Thanks for participating in the Community. Regret you're having issues. Please call the Small Business Support Center and open a case. You'll find a list of international contact numbers here: www.cisco.com/go/sbsc. The US Support Center is available 24/7 and there is never a charge for warranty support.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group