CCIE Voice benefit?

Unanswered Question
Jul 15th, 2009

Just wondering what benefits the certified CCIE (voice track) can have from Cisco?

Found out that with ccie certified only, cannot download IOS or software from Cisco website any more.

Also, wondering if certified CCIE Voice can authorize support contract for certain production cisco voip environment?

Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tperrier Wed, 07/15/2009 - 11:55

No, the only direct "benefit" from Cisco is that TAC cases you open are handled by more experienced engineers.

jamesfang98 Thu, 07/16/2009 - 06:06

thanks tperrier

As far as I am concerned, cisco doesn't really provide obvious benefit to ccie designation owner.

Cisco said, it will get ticket opened by ccie to be handled by higher level cisco tech guys. I don't really treat this one as benefit - say if i am not ccie, I can still ask for escalation if the issues/tickets cannot be handled in proper way by cisco.

And most of time, ticket handling process is just the way of human communication and lucky or not if you can get into the right skilled support tech. Same level of support tech guys in same team may not prove they can deal with same issues in same way/speed.

So personally, I don't think ccie designation can get valuable benefits from ccie unless work for cisco partner.

This is not good news if we compare to other vendors like: Checkpoint, Juniper.

Take Checkpoint for example, if company (no Checkpoint partner) has checkpoint certified employee, the company will earn certain priviledges like downloading some softwares and authorize themselves for their support functions which in turn save company money from support contract/services.

I didn't see this in Cisco. Guess - since there are way too many CCIE out there (20,000+), cisco doesn't even open software/ios download rights for ccie.

sigh..

Wilson Samuel Fri, 07/31/2009 - 05:42

I think Cisco gives some discounts for the Cisco Partner level companies based on the certification levels, i.e. Gold Partners get a premium over Silver.

However to get Gold Partnership, one has to have x number of CCIEs, so indirectly they are really giving benefits.

Also, as a registerd Cisco Customer, one automatically gets the right to download, depending upon the contract, same is true for the Partners (they automatically get the right to download software).

HTH,

Still I'm surprised why no remark from Cisco on this.

Regards

srue Fri, 07/31/2009 - 07:03

are there ccie's out there that don't actually have a smartnet contract number associated with their account so they can download software?

Actions

This Discussion