Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 Config

mike083108
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am currently setting up my second unity server and have run into a problem. Please take a look at the attached picture. For some reason when I get to this step the drop down boxes are not populating. Any ideas?

Mike

7 Replies 7

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems you don't have enough exchange permissions. Are you running Message Store Configuration Wizard with UnityInstall that has Domain Admin rights? Make sure you re-run permissions Wizard with UnityInstall and give UnityInstall Domain Admin and Full Exchange Admin rights before you do to make sure everything gets set correctly. Then re-run MSCW while logged into the secondary with UnityInstall as well.

Tray

That was my initial thought as well. However, everything is set properly. I am using unityinstall which has domain admin rights. Permissions wizard runs through with all settings successfully.

Is there something else I could be missing?

It may be a domain admin but I also said you may need to give it Exchange Admin rights as well. Try adding Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Servers groups to UnityInstall Member Of tab in Active Directory and see if that helps.

Tray

Sorry forgot to mention the accounts are also Exchange Org Admins. I will try your other suggestion though. It is weird though because this worked on the primary server a few months ago with no changes since then to the accounts.

Unfortunately, your idea did not work. Any other ideas?

Hi Mike -

I recommend running in Unity Tools Depot the DCGC Reconnect tool. Make sure Unity is using the SAME server for its domain controller & global catalog. You can test connection and I recommend doing a force reconnect - then wait for resynchronization. Not having these in synch can cause some weird problems. Also, make sure your accounts in the Security tab, still show Inheritance checked.

Regards, Ginger

DCGC wont run if message stores have never been configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: