cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130 AP strange behavior

jmccready
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 AP 1130AG who's react strangly. It's in LWAP mode. If I connect it directly on a switch port, he get it's DHCP address and appears in WCS. But If I put the AP on another place we can't get it's IP adress. The only thing differ it's he pass thru a patch panel. The cable is good because if I install another 1130AP on the same place he get's his config and work normaly.

I try reseting all config with the mode button but it's doesn't change anything. More strange thing it's this AP already work on this place.

My WCS version is 5.0.56.0

My controller is on a 6509 chassis with Wism module WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9

The IOS of the AP 12.4-10b ja2

The Radio led is blinking amber

The Ethernet led is blinking green

The status led is blinking red and green

I've attached a captured when the AP boot

Thank

4 Replies 4

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds like a physical issue with the ethernet interface on the 1130. Have you inspected the pins on the interface?

Also, you can place a fluke on the interface (with known good ethernet patch cable) and an external power supply for the AP and see what the results are.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you are saying that this AP, if deployed into the location, won't get an IP Address? But if another AP is installed into the same patch port, it works. IS this correct?

Can you try the following:

1. Don't plug it to the network. Using the injector, console into it. Let the AP boot into the RCV image by deleting the LWAP image.

2. After booting into the RCV image, go into enable mode and try the following commands:

a. clear lwap private;

b. clear lwap ap hostname;

c. clear lwap ap ip address; and

d. clear lwap ap controller ip address

Prime the AP and deploy to location.

Hope this helps.

Yes you are correct in the first part

I try what you said and nothing change.

More strange, if I plug it directly into a catalyst 3550, with ac adaptor, it's the same thing, we can't get is new image and his ip adress.

But If I plug it directly into my 48 ports 10/100/1000 on my 6509, he can get it's ip and lwap image.

It's can't be a network problem if I do the same test with another AP and it's work all fine, thru a patch panel, directly on 3550 or on the 6509.

It's pretty not useful If I need to connect only on my 6509.

Thank for your advise

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"if I plug it directly into a catalyst 3550, with ac adaptor, it's the same thing, we can't get is new image and his ip adress.

But If I plug it directly into my 48 ports 10/100/1000 on my 6509, he can get it's ip and lwap image."

I believe you just solved your problem. This sounds like configuration error in the 3550 such as VLANs and Trunk assignements. Can you post the configuration of your access ports to your AP, uplink trunk ports to the 6500?

I would also like to see the configuration for the port assignment and uplink trunk ports from the 6500.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card