Backing Up Data in CW LMS 3.0.1

Answered Question
Jul 15th, 2009
User Badges:

I get the message below when trying to schedule a backup job in CiscoWorks.

"The directory [d:/Scheduled Backup/] contains space. Backup directory should not have space.Suggestion: If the folder is [Program Files] use [Progra~x] ."

The backup does not run or get scheduled.

Correct Answer by Lucien Avramov about 8 years 1 week ago

in the GUI, in Common Services -> Server -> Admin -> Backup you can specify the backup folder to whatever you like.

If you want to use the folder called scheduled backup that is written in windows MS DOS format as SCHEDU~1. You can NOT enter folder names with spaces basically.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Lucien Avramov Wed, 07/15/2009 - 14:53
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

What version are you running?

Instead of using Scheduled Backup, you can use : schedu~1 to call that directory

leon_carson Wed, 07/15/2009 - 15:18
User Badges:

I'm using LMS 3.0.1, Common Services 3.1.1. I'm not sure if I got your complete message. What can I use instead of Scheduled Backup?

Correct Answer
Lucien Avramov Wed, 07/15/2009 - 15:58
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

in the GUI, in Common Services -> Server -> Admin -> Backup you can specify the backup folder to whatever you like.

If you want to use the folder called scheduled backup that is written in windows MS DOS format as SCHEDU~1. You can NOT enter folder names with spaces basically.

leon_carson Thu, 07/16/2009 - 08:56
User Badges:

Okay, I understand now. It didn't like spaces in the directory name. I corrected it and now my backup works. Thanks for your help.

Actions

This Discussion