cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing Up Data in CW LMS 3.0.1

leon_carson
Level 1
Level 1

I get the message below when trying to schedule a backup job in CiscoWorks.

"The directory [d:/Scheduled Backup/] contains space. Backup directory should not have space.Suggestion: If the folder is [Program Files] use [Progra~x] ."

The backup does not run or get scheduled.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in the GUI, in Common Services -> Server -> Admin -> Backup you can specify the backup folder to whatever you like.

If you want to use the folder called scheduled backup that is written in windows MS DOS format as SCHEDU~1. You can NOT enter folder names with spaces basically.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

What version are you running?

Instead of using Scheduled Backup, you can use : schedu~1 to call that directory

I'm using LMS 3.0.1, Common Services 3.1.1. I'm not sure if I got your complete message. What can I use instead of Scheduled Backup?

in the GUI, in Common Services -> Server -> Admin -> Backup you can specify the backup folder to whatever you like.

If you want to use the folder called scheduled backup that is written in windows MS DOS format as SCHEDU~1. You can NOT enter folder names with spaces basically.

Okay, I understand now. It didn't like spaces in the directory name. I corrected it and now my backup works. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: