Folks, just to confirm:
I need to upgrade IOS on cat 2950. I do 'dir' and see switch has only 2447360 bytes free. New IOS requires 3722226 bytes.
That said, is the below the right approach:
1. Do 'copy tftp flash'.
2. At that point IOS will overwrite existing IOS in flash. Is that right?
3. Check 'show boot system' is not pointing to old image.
Reload the switch. At that point the new IOS should be loaded.
I'm upgrading a number of 2950's and this is what I'm using:
1. Delete the old HTML folder: del /f /r flash:/html
2. Delete the old IOS: del /f /r flash:/c
3. Uncompress the .tar file from the TFTP to the switch: arch tar /x tftp:///c2950-i6k2l2q4-tar.121-22.EA13.tar flash:
I don't need to set the boot parameter because the 2950 memory is enough for ONE IOS (unless you delete the HTML folder then you can have TWO).
Hope this helps.