Password after factory reset ?

Unanswered Question
Jul 16th, 2009

Hello,

i don´t know what happend.. but i think its really strange. Ok first i upload a new configuration on my NSS4000, after this the device restarts. -So long-

After the reboot procedure the device is available over http:\\ but.. my admin password doesn´t work...

- ok after the first shock i use the factory reset... but oh no.. the standard admin password doesn´t work either ?!?!

Please can anyone help me ;)  its really annoying...

i´ve found that there´re two ports open 888 and 8888... but i don´t have the right password for this too....

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alejandro Gallego Thu, 07/16/2009 - 05:01

One thing to always remember is that when upgrading firmware it needs to be applied twice. This will ensure that all settings migrate and are applied properly. Perform a full reset of the unit by following these steps:

Step 1:
Shut down and power off the system.

Step 2:
Press and hold the Reset button on the front panel of the chassis then apply power to the system.

Step 3:
Wait until you see the Power LED on the front panel to flash yellow rapidly then release the Reset button.

Note: The following will be reset to their default settings:

• Link Addressing: DHCP
  • Link Bonding Mode: Active Backup
  • NSS Hostname: nas For example, "nas0123456789ab"
  • Administrator Password: admin
  • Network Filters: cleared
  • Network Default Policy: Accept All
  • MTU Size: 1500

Once this completes, go ahead and re-install the firmware and save your configuration. Let us know if you are still not able

to access the NAS.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content