LMS 3.0.1 DFM environment warnings

Unanswered Question
Jul 16th, 2009

I am using CWLMS 3.0.1 with upgraded DFM.

I am constantly getting a lot of this errors on email. I've checked the device and is operating normaly.

Event_Description OutOfRange

Component TEMP- [Te1/5/4 Bias Current Sensor-TenGigabitEthernet1/5/4 Bias Current Sensor]

ComponentClass TemperatureSensor

ComponentEventCode 1079

entSensorValue 78

CurrentValue 78.0 DEGC

RelativeTemperatureThreshold 10.0 %

HighThreshold 45.0 DEGC

I am also getting similar errors for ASIC chips on modular 6509 switch. It says that they are overheating, but the temperature is 50'C. High tresholds for this chips is at 50'C.

My question is, how can I modify tresholds for temperature sensors on 6509 so that error messages would be triggered only when temperature would rise above 60'C.

And one more question. How should I get rid of this messages:

Event_Description OperationallyDown

Component CARD- [Chassis 1 VTT-E FRU 3-Chassis 1 WS-C6K-VTT-E 3]

ComponentClass Card

ComponentEventCode 1073

Description Chassis 1 VTT-E FRU 3

Thank you in advance!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 07/16/2009 - 06:57

The high temperature threshold cannot be changed, but you can modify the relative temperature percentage. You can adjust the temperature percentage under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds. Click on the Switches and Hubs group, then adjust the relative temperature threshold. Something like 34% should be more in line with what you're looking for.

As for the other event, this is CSCta08882:

For the VSS switch, components are recognized correctly:

1. The sub-modules on the device are listed under the Card section of Detailed Device View. Some of them are obviously incorrect, such as "Chassis 1 CPU of Switching Processor 5" , which should be listed under CPU section. Instead, as Cards, they are given status of NotPresent, and throw alarms for Card OperationallyDown.

2. Non-temperature sensors (such as voltage sensors) are miscategorized as temperature sensors. This results is false temperature out of range alerts.

DFM 3.1.x

VSS switch (sysObjectID .

1. To avoid the false alerts, a SNMP view can be used to mask out the Entity MIB entries for the submodules that are mistakenly being listed under Card section.

snmp-server view test entPhysicalEntry.*.1000 include

snmp-server view test entPhysicalEntry.*.2000 include

snmp-server view test entPhysicalEntry exclude

snmp-server view test iso include

However, there is no workaround to the fact that those submodules will not be properly managed/monitored.

Further Problem Description:

The processor component is not discovered from Incharge. Thus the sub-modules of processor components are displayed randomly in Card component of DDV, and have a status of NotPresent, and will generate false alerts.

Matej Gololicic Wed, 07/22/2009 - 03:07

Thank you for your reply.

I have another question.

How can I filter this type of messages:

IF- [Vl14] []

16-Jul-2009 11:32:01

I would like to filter warning messages when VLAN goes down that I dont recieve an email. How can I achieve this?

This Discussion