cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 upload/download speed issue

sykesemea
Level 1
Level 1

We have new 3750 Switch on LAN and conencted to Core with Etherechannnel.

Problem is we have PCs on 3750 trying to download files from the server and its very slow and we see output packet drops on the Interface conncted to PC. We dont have issue while copying file to server. PC is directly connected to PC (tried x over and straight cables and results are same. XP is Broadcom Nextreme Network card.

Thanks in advance for any directions to resolve this.

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Notice that some of you input/outputs are 0,

5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec

We had this same issue and it ended up being the NIC (also a Broadcom) needed it's drivers updated.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick info. I thought its the NIC issue, but even the new driver for the NIC did not help. I think I cleared the counters while testing. If you check, the output dropping count is increasing. Would you be able to tell me which version of Broadcom driver resolved the issue?

Thanks !

Have you enabled QOS with "mls qos enabled". Try with QOS disabled on the switch.

Have tried that too..did not make any diffrence. We were seeing the Output packet drops even when QOS was disabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card