Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS with overlapping DNs?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

CallManager 7.1(2a)

SiteA_Partition = 7911 DN1 = 1201(being used)

SiteB_Partition = 7911 DN1= 1201 (being used)

SiteC_Partition = 7911 DN1= 1201 (being deployed has BAT Dummy Address ready for TAPS)

I have the phone Auto-Register with TAPS, go offhook, Press 1 for English, then enter 1201. I hear a error message that this phone number is already registered. I check the TAPS log file I see no errors.

The problem is TAPS see all the Partitions and thinks 1201 is in use. If TAPS could ask for the Parition then maybe it could work.

Any thoughts or workarounds?

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

TAPS doesn't allow updating an Auto-registered phone with a DN that is not unique in CM database. But when TAPS detects that the DN is not unique in the database, it asks the user to enter the 'fully qualified DN'. In TAPS context, 'fully qualified DN' is DN with external phone number mask set on the DN. If it is not unique, TAPS doesn't get the partition information for the DN. The user just enters the DN. Unless the DN is unique in the database, TAPS won't know, which device profile, the user wants to acquire.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: