Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Factory Reset? 7965

mcdonald.paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm being bugged by a user who keeps meddling with their phone settings. I'm aware that this can be disabled, but at present the ability to do this is not.

Her phone is no longer ringing and have attempted to talk her over the phone to change the ring setting/volume. I've hit a brick wall.

Now, my problem is that this user is too thick to follow the manual factory reset procedure, and she's in another state. I need to remotely reset her phone back to factory defaults. Phone is otherwise logged in and working fine on CCM6.

Help!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paul,

I feel your pain ;-)

We get this type of problem every once in awhile (I'm sure we all do!) Can you ask the user to disconnect the IP Phone patch cable for a minute then re-connect and let the phone boot up. This usually resets the ringer properly.

The easiest way to get a user to change the ringer volume is to do it when the IP Phone is actually ringing. So just touch base with her, explain where the volume +/- scrollbar is and then ring her back and adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Rob

Many thanks for your reply Rob. I'll try this and let you know how I get on.

I find it hard to believe that Cisco would not offer such a function.

cant phone remote work in a situation like this?

http://www.voipintegration.com/software.html

Hey, looks like a great piece of software! I'll have to try it out. Appears to only support some older phones, at first glance.

yup its cool for doing some user "intervention" kinda stuff. its not the fastest mind you but it does help. i suppose they may also have some updates for the newer phones.

keep us posted

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: