cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAS Feature Group D ( fgd-eana )

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have a customer cutting over service from an old PBX to a CCM system. The circuit from the LD provider is proving to be a bit problematic. From the questions I've been able to get answered, the config of the circuit looks like this:

Line Code: AMI

Framing: D4

Number of active channels: 24

Number of 2 way channels: 24

Number of 1 way channels: 0

Number of Channel Groups: 1

Channels included in Channel Group 1: 1-24

Protocol in use: fgd-eana (Feature Group D - EANA)

CO Hunt order: Ascending (clockwise)

I'm not finding any current documentation on setting up Feature Group D that's newer than IOS 12.0 or 12.1.

The customer gateway is a 2811. My questions are:

1. Can the 2811 support this configuration, and if so, where are the docs on configuration with the current IOS trains?

2. Can a gateway so configured be under MGCP control, or is H323 required?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can run PRI under MGCP control and the T1 CAS trunk under H323 operation with no issues at all.

In terms of the FGD operation and EANA, attached are some notes that give more background and sample configs as well as debug logs.

There is no 'formal' standard for ANI operation on T1 CAS. As mentioned in the notes, you can send it or receive it, but cannot do both on the same interface. Some providers and PBX's use different formats for passing ANI as well (different methods of seperating the digit strings). We do have a basic TCL script that can pick up the ANI if the ANI/DNIS seperators don't correspond to the IOS defaults. This could be supplied on the understanding that it is NOT supported by Cisco.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi Cliff,

I was perturbed by this documentation error and filed for this to be fixed. Not sure if it's visible to you, but here's the ID: : CSCta81780

And yes, you can absolutely have two separately controlled PRIs.

You can have a single PRI that sends H323 for some numbers and SIP for others, on the same box with a FXS controlled SCCP port, MGCP controlled SCCP port, and MGCP controlled PRI.

hth,

nick

You would want to use H323 for this.

The configuration looks like this:

controller t1 0/0/0

ds0-group 0 time 1-24 type fgd-eana

hth,

nick

So, MGCP is not supported for this?

Is any other configuration required so that it sends as well as received ANI configuration?

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Looked into a bit more - it looks like MGCP does support this. I've only seen H323 in my travels, but it looks like MGCP will work.

-nick

Can you point me at documentation on this?

And is any special config required to support outbound ANI?

Hi Cliff,

I better understand my confusion now - you can do FGD with MGCP, just not with CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf1.html#wp1047367

T1 and E1 protocols, such as QSIG, E1 R2, T1 FGD, and PRI NFAS, are not supported with MGCP

hth,

nick

I hate this.

That document is wrong. QSIG is absolutely supported under MGCP, and I've done it multiple times. Check for yourself. Configure an MGCP gatewate as a PRI, and then go down to the protocol setting on the gateway. You'll find one of the choices is QSIG.

I still want to know if anything special needs to be done to support ANI outbound.

There may be a documentation issue there regarding QSIG.

This link is correct;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/gateways.html , table 4-10

ANI support should be automatically handled by CCAPI for FGD.

hth,

nick

Ok. Now for a question into territory where I *think* this will work, but I'm not 100% sure.

Assume 2811 router has two T1 cards. One will have a PRI coming into it, and the other this FGD circuit. Can we put the PRI under MGCP control, and set up the other as H.323? I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work, although admittedly it's a little bit of a strange configuration.

You can run PRI under MGCP control and the T1 CAS trunk under H323 operation with no issues at all.

In terms of the FGD operation and EANA, attached are some notes that give more background and sample configs as well as debug logs.

There is no 'formal' standard for ANI operation on T1 CAS. As mentioned in the notes, you can send it or receive it, but cannot do both on the same interface. Some providers and PBX's use different formats for passing ANI as well (different methods of seperating the digit strings). We do have a basic TCL script that can pick up the ANI if the ANI/DNIS seperators don't correspond to the IOS defaults. This could be supplied on the understanding that it is NOT supported by Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: