cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"ghost devices" - can't find place to delete

Rick Meier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of devices that were discovered at installation. Nothing was done w/ Ciscoworks for a longer period of time. All IPs on all devices have changed. I attempted to clean out the database and rediscover, I end up with devices that show in CS- DCR and AAA Information as "Devices Not Configured in ACS". Which they shouldn't be. I've tried Device Center - says the device is unavailable, I've tried CLI, can't find the devices, etc. Has anyone run into this? Is there a way to get rid of them?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to temporarily break ACS integration, then you will be able to see those devices in LMS. To do this, run the following script from the server's command line:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/ResetLoginModule.pl

Rick Meier
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running on windows, is the same script available? Does this reset the ACS config in server setup?

Yes, it's the same script. No, the ACS config is retained. It's just turned off. You can easily re-enable integration from the GUI once you have cleaned up DCR.

Thanks, i'll give it a try.

This did work. I was able to delete the devices. When I went into server setup to reset ACS, I had to re-enter all the server info. it was all cleaned out with the reset. Also, the daemon manager has to be stopped to run the perl script, then restarted.

Yes, the Daemon Manager has to be stopped, but the ACS integration information should not have been lost. All this script does is delete the file which contains the JAAS login module name, and sets the AdminMode to CMF in regdaemon.xml. The remaining ACS integration options in regdaemon.xml are not touched. Something else must have caused these parameters to be deleted.