cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAEs CAUSE HIGH CPU LOAD ON ROUTER 7609

gbruque99
Level 1
Level 1

We had deploy a wae (7341) cluster at this time 2 waes, they are serving wccp web cache and spoofing services, we see the router 7609 increases its cpu load at 55% average and more during the peak hours,we want to know what we can do in order to reduce the router's cpu load

Thanks for your help.

6 Replies 6

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is CEF turned on? Did you configure a service for out? If you are doing an out, then this is a process switched event. Look to do 61 and 62 in on the interfaces instead of anything out.

Thanks for your help

Yes Cef is ON,

On the interfaces the services wccp are configured like this

ip wcc web-cache redirect in

ip wccp redirect out

The 7609 has a supervisor engine WS-SUP720-3B

Hi,

What is the egress method you are using? Can you send us the output of 'show egress-method' from the WAEs that are attached to 76xx having spike in their CPU usage?

Hi, thanks for the help

This command is not supported by the WAE. We have a Wae 7341, ACNS 5.5.13

The WAE's had not experienced cpu high load neither spike.

What about to change the Supervisor Card from the 7609 router ?? Fron the current WS-SUP720-3B to another one..the question is wich one??

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't know you are using 7341 as ACNS device. I would not recommend changing the h/w at this point. Can you pl email me 'show tech' from the 7341. My id is nchidamb@cisco.com.

Hi,

I send you the information requested about WAE.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: