cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Java and CCA 2.0

mantis32
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a known issue between Java Version 6 Update 14 and CCA 2.0?

When I launch CCA 2.0, the welcome sound plays and it connects to my UC520. As soon as I click any of the to configure. As it loads the configuration it errors out with a java lang error usually around 60% or 100%

java.lang.NullPointerException

Anyone come across this or have any insight?

30 Replies 30

This error is typically an indication that some cahnges were made to the configuration bother means (CLI, for example). Have you customized your configuration outside of CCA? If so, then you should have followed the corresponding Out-of-Band rules:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9809

Thanks,

Marcos

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I am running that version of Java.  I don't have this problem.  This usually means that changes were made outside of CCA like Marcos suggested.

mantis32
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, back when CCA wasn't soo great, I configured it outside of CCA. Now with the latest changes, I would like to see what CCA can do. At the time the out of band pdf didn't exist. What are my options to getting things back to where I can use the CCA? Start over?

I am afraid so.

Marcos

Ugh. :(

Soo much time

I know this means a lot of work, but unfortunately we do not have a procedure to convert customized configurations.

Thanks for your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Marcos

Forced to the GUI:

How can I start over using the GUI? Since I'm starting over, how can I go from SBCS 1.4 (4.2.9) to 1.5 (????)

Any links would be helpful.

Space avail on flash 94.26

C:\UC520-7.0.3.zip

Maintenance -> Software Upgrade -> Upgrade Settings
-Error: Cannot retrieve CUE version information.

Whether I select All, IOS, or CUE

I've even unpacked the zip and tried selecting the files within with the options, IOS, CUE, ALL to no avail.

Is there a need to delete the sbn files like the past or is there a better way now?

You could try to reset everything to a factory default first, then perform the upgrade.  Also, make sure you don't have any antivirus or firewalls on.  This sometimes blocks communications to the CUE module.

Maybe watch this VOD before you start:

CCA 2.0 to upgrade UC520 to 7.0.3 Bundle ZIP (approx 10 minutes; posted May 26th)

Disabled all AV, watched the Video. Still get the error.

I shouldn't have to blow away the config just to upgrade....or should I? I have been able to upgrade successfully in the past without blowing away the config. Unless the new process is CCA doesn't allow an upgrade when the config is custom and it's really not all that custom, I just did a few things that the CCA couldn't do in the CLI back in SBCS 1.3.

I was able to use CCA to go to SBCS 1.4 w/out doing it with a new config.

I thought by starting over, you meant that you were erasing the config.

It sounds like we should check to see if the CUE module is online.

UC500#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 status  

After the upgrade I will start over. But assuming I was a client, starting over just to do an upgrade isn't an option, so I want to approach the upgrade from that point of view.

Cisco Configuration Assistant. Version: 1.8. Mon Dec 29 02:29:03 EST 2008

UC520#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 status
Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine0/0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 2
Service Module is in Steady state
Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled
Getting status from the Service Module, please wait..

Cisco Unity Express 3.2.1
CUE running on UC500

I am a little confused by the date and CCA version in the last post...

Either way, can you turn off the dashboard in CCA and send me the CCA logs from when you get the CUE error?

How do I send you that? I pasted that from a putty session.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: