cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200E and the "Cisco Radius" server

mlarsen
Level 1
Level 1

I have six WAP200E which I had configured to authenticate using the Cisco Radius server in my office.

All worked wonderfully.  Then a few weeks ago, the radios stopped authenticating with the Radius server.  The laptop computers could see the AP, recognize the SSID name, and then try to retrieve an IP address.  Eventually the wireless NIC would not issue an IP and give themselves a 169 ip address.

Does anyone know what happend?

Again all 6 WAP200E work working, and all stopped working.

I reconfigured, reset, rebuilt, used new WAP200E out of the box, removed the configuration on the Cisco radius server and rebuilt.  They just stopped working.

Please advise.

1 Reply 1

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's odd, haven't seen/heard that before.  Even more odd is the fact that all of the APs stopped authenticating at once, that would lead me to investigate what the common denominator would be in this equation (i.e, RADIUS server, Switching/VLANs, Routing, etc.).  It would appear that something common to all of the APs "broke" somewhere in your network, thus not allowing them to authenticate to the RADUIS.  Have you checked the RADIUS server configuration, VLAN assignments, IP addressing, etc.?

Also of course make sure as always that you're running the most current firmware (which I'm sure you are) which appears to be "1.20a".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: