cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Option Did The Caller Select?

anthoney_murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement to pull statistics that show how many time callers are choosing option 1 in the script. I am thinking that its some kind of reporting step but cannot find one. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jmorlan
Level 1
Level 1

There is no "Out of the Box" step that does this. If you simply want to write it to the CDR's they in each step you will want to write the selection to a variable. If your menu is layered and requires selecting multiple steps, then you will want to + the selection to what the variable previously was and seperate with some sort of seperator like a ,. Once the cal has been completed in the script you will want to then use the "Set Enterprise Call Info" step to write it to one of the 10 custom variables. One of the included reports will allow you to report on the Custom Variables.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

If you're using UCCE (Enterprise) this should be pretty simple using call types. With Express it might be a little trickier, but I'll let someone else address that as my Express knowledge has faded.

david

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

For UCCX if the options select a CSQ you could run the Contact 'Service Queue Activity Report (by CSQ)' Historical Report.

Not all options go to a CSQ. What I was thinking I would do until I find the fix is have them queue then dequeue an unmanned CSQ named Option#CSQ before redirecting the contact. I really do not want to do this if there is an existing step that will capture this information for me.

jmorlan
Level 1
Level 1

There is no "Out of the Box" step that does this. If you simply want to write it to the CDR's they in each step you will want to write the selection to a variable. If your menu is layered and requires selecting multiple steps, then you will want to + the selection to what the variable previously was and seperate with some sort of seperator like a ,. Once the cal has been completed in the script you will want to then use the "Set Enterprise Call Info" step to write it to one of the 10 custom variables. One of the included reports will allow you to report on the Custom Variables.

Worked out pretty good. Thanks

SebastianV
Level 1
Level 1

As David mentioned you can solve this by using calltypes, when using UCCE. We have done so for our IVR menus.

Be aware that changing the calltype also resets service level parameters for that call.

--bas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: