cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.3 DB replication delay

luc.charpentier
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating from CCM 4.x to CUCM 6.1.3b and we are experiencing a strange DB behaviour. All changes made on the publisher, will be send to subsrciber with a delay of exact 2 min (120s), when you reset a phone, when you login/logout, when change the display... each time it takes exactly 2min. The DB synchro status is good (2),we stop dbreplication on all servers and then reset it on publisher, no change.

This is the first time I see that, do you have any idea ? It looks like a timout but I don't what is it for .

Thanks for your help

Luc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mmm strange do you have too many Device transient connections (ATA, VG248, VG224)

The servers same LAN or WAN ? Duplex configured properly?

If above is good I would enagage TAC

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mmm strange do you have too many Device transient connections (ATA, VG248, VG224)

The servers same LAN or WAN ? Duplex configured properly?

If above is good I would enagage TAC

Thanks

Hi guy,

I found why I got this behaviour, wery annoying, the root cause is a NTP issue.If the PUB has a NTP reference and this reference cannot be reach, the PUB will permanently restart its NTP service and thus avoir SUB to resyncho. So if SUB has a desynchro, he will never resynchro and thus all DB update will traited of the timestamp it has been sent. Meaning that if PUB is 2min in advance,he will send update to sub with a timestamp of 2 minutes more than the time of the SUB and thus the SUB will wait for 2 min to update its DB.If the PUB is late, the update will never be treated by SUB since its consider to be old update.

Its a cisco deffect CSCsk70971, which corrected in version 6.1.4.

So if are running an older version, either you are very confident with your NTP reference or you disable it and make the PUB time run on its own.

Hope it helps

Luc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: