Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator Locale Error

chris.burns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Just built a CUCM 7.1(2) server and loaded the latest Combined Locale Installer as Australia doesnt have its own and the IP Communciator phones lcoale has an issue, the time is incorrect etc, logs show the following

3:37:24 CTL update failed

13:37:24 SEP002170BA3A2B.cnf.xml

1:37:25p Error Updating Locale

2:21:57p No CTL installed

2:21:57p SEP002170BA3A2B.cnf.xml

2:21:57p Error Updating Locale

2:23:55p No CTL installed

2:23:55p SEP002170BA3A2B.cnf.xml

2:23:56p Error Updating Locale

Any ideas....cheers

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

What version of IP Communicator are you using? The CTL and locale errors appear since these files were not found by the phone. If you are using Cisco IP Communicator in a locale other than English, you should install the Cisco IP Telephony Locale Installer on every Cisco Unified Communications Manager server in the cluster. Doing so ensures that you have the latest translated text, user and network locales, and country-specific phone tones available.

angelique.devos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

I had this issue with a CUCM 6.1(3) and CIPC 2.0 & 2.1 and French/German/Dutch locale.

I upgraded CIPC to 7.0.2, this solved the issue for me.

Angelique

Thanks for your comments, I upgraded to CIPC 7.0.2 and this also fixed the issue

Cheers

Chris

Hi, we are having the same issue.  We have the Cisco IP Telephony Locale Installer on every Cisco Unified Communications Manager server but we are running CUCM 7.1.3 and CIPC 7.0.4.  Any suggestions.  Language is for Hungary.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: