cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

For UCCE 7.0, what are the default queue limit

elvinliang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am fairly new to this product, I am wondering if there is any doc indicated the default queue limit settings, I couldn't find in the script that the set value node, so I guess it must be running using the default value. please advise, thanks

4 Replies 4

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

The percentage of calls queued and the average time spent in the queue are determined by the service level desired and by agent staffing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/srnd/7x/ccsrnd70.html

It is common for those coming from a TDM PBX background (say Avaya) to ask how big the queue is. Since on those platorms one can set a limit on the number of calls one can put into the ACDQ.

Once full, other callers will get a busy signal. On extremely busy call centers, this seems like a reasonable way to block calls when under heavy load.

ICM (UCCE) doesn't have a fixed limit like this, and the Call Router can keep queuing calls. There probably is a software limit, and it may be set in the Router registry. I don't know what it is.

To try to avoid putting callers into a "queue" when the number already queued is very high, you could check this in the Script before the "Queue To Skill Group" node - if this is what you need to do.

Regards,

Geoff

I am new to this world as well, I guess in the real practice, all you need to do is after carefully sizing the resources and pick a realistic queue limit as a globel user variable and set the variable as the one you picked

Hi,

I am looking for this solution for our icm contact center. Did you find the solution.

Thanks in advance