Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Setup(Local SRST/VG Redundancy)

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two sites A(central) & B(Branch Office), spread across two different countries by WAN.

Site a has a CCM5.1 cluster(One PUB & One sub) and Site B has one SRST GW.

When WAN is up site B uses local SRST Gw as voice GW for PSTN dial-in/dial-out but site A CCM's for call processing.

How can site B used local site PRI lines for call in/out to PSTN if the WAN is up but the local site SRST GW HW fails(Voice GW Fails).i.e. how to get redundancy for Voice GW/PSTN calling if the WAN is up but local GW fails.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Hi,

You have to read about Route List and Route Groups. Check SRND for more information: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/dialplan.html#wp1044129

Keep in mind you will have to do some digit manipulation to make it transparent for users.

rate if this help

Hi,

I am aware of the concept.

but the question is can I have redundant GW setup at site B, since the primary GW is SRST.

Thanks

Rajesh

If primary GW for site B fails then you can have backup in HQ site. What is a problem for you? Gateway fails no calls to PSTN, SRST won't start because you have still WAN access to CM.

You can see GW and SRST functionality as two different entities. They just happened to be colocated. You can add another gateway on site B which would be just gateway to route calls if your main gateway fails our you could load balnance calls between both of them all the time (the exact routing decision will be configured on the route group/route list configuration page) . Of course your other option is to use the gateway on site A as the backup gateway for site B.

Hi Marina,

Thanks.that's what I was looking.

1.So when the WAN is up, I can use the SRST GW as normal voice gw for in/out calls from site B, usin call control services of Site A CCM.Correct.Pls confirm.

2.How about if site, B has IPCCX, and WAN fails,can it register to SRST GW at site B i.e. does SRST support IPCCX also?

Thanks

1. Yes , that's correct. Of course you need to have a local PRI/BRI/FXO line/s on your SRST gateway. When your WAN fails your phones will use this router as an SRST in addition to it's voice gateway functionality.

2. SRST doesnt support IPCC. Generally speaking, your IPCC server should be located on site A. Do you mean you have remote agents on site B wrking with IPCC on the central site? In any case, if you need to provide some kind of redundancy to IPCC, you have to look if basic SRST functionality is good enough for you. You migh want to use CME as an SRST where you have better control over the call distribution - with B-ACD or hunt groups

Actually site B currently have agents using , non-Cisco call centre soln.

But customer wants to convert everyting to IPCCX and integrate with site A, CCM.

Can I use the CCM at site A for IPCCX servers at site B when WAN up for call control, but IPCCX register to CME locally at site B, instead of an SRST router?

thanks

The Cisco Unified CM servers running CTI Managers with which Cisco Unified CCX communicates must be located in the same campus LAN as the Cisco Unified CCX servers. The available bandwidth for these LAN links should always be considerably higher than the load, there should be no steady-state congestion, and the maximum round-trip delay between the servers should be less than 2 ms. Other Cisco Unified CM nodes within the same Cisco Unified CM cluster can be located across the WAN in a Cisco Unified CM cluster that is split over the WAN. In such deployments, the WAN requirements that are described in Cisco Unified Communications SRND must be satisfied.

•The Cisco Unified CME must be located in the same campus LAN as the Cisco Unified CCX server. The available bandwidth for these LAN links should always be considerably higher than the load, there should be no steady-state congestion, and the maximum round-trip delay between them should be less than 2 ms.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/uccx70srnd.pdf

That means you have to place IPCC server in the same LAN with the CM (site A)

IPCC can work with CME. but in that case your CME will be active all the time for IPCC and your agents phone (or all phone on site B) with a trunk configured between CM and CME.

Another option you might consider - if you have enough bandwith and delay between those site, split your CM cluster so you have a local subscriber on site B

I think I can keep like this, the CCM server(1 PUB+ 1 SUB) can be at site A, site B can have one subscriber and IPCCX HA+agents at site B.

The only grey area is if the sub goes down at site B.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: