cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Motion PNG on LCD IP Phone for door entry camera

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, I need a cheap solution to display a door entry camera on a Unified Comms series IP phone. I can get a motion .png solution using the services button but the refresh on the display is max 3sec. Is there a model IP phone that can handle a video stream or a faster refresh rate excluding the 7985.

I know in the Linksys range they have a phone with streaming video PHM1200 but I cant find much information about it as to whether it can do SIP etc...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

With 7989 Cisco IP phone portfolio will be expanded to include an integrated video endpoint that is capable of handling H.261/3/4 streams. None of the 79xx series phones currently support true video streaming.

davidlu766
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible, BUT it requires a lot of programming efforts.

First you'll have to create a XML program for the phone.

Second you will have to get the source of the video and then convert it into Cisco XML image format.

And you can set in the xml script to refresh the browser every 3 seconds. (It's possible.)

Again, this whole process is possible to do, but it's difficult even for web programmer. Plus the whole converting and refreshing process takes some time to do... (not efficient)

;-)

Hope this helps...

Thanks David, I have actually managed to do exacly what you have stated and got it working but it's clunky and involves IIS server and to many programming components etc... Does anyone know about the Linksys SPA525g? looks like it does SIP & SPCP and "Multimedia support for MP3s, digital photos, and RSS feeds"

Maybe I can get a faster refresh rate.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10067/index.html

I haven't actually tried the SPA525g yet, but it should work according to the product page. It said it will work with Cisco XML applications...

;-)

hmmm... yes, but I can't find any more details on the mulitmedia capabilites. Looks like I'll need to keep digging.

Thanks for the quick response.

davidlu766
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just spoken with someone that I know from Cisco, and they told me that the SPA series (both Cisco and Linksys) phones using a "COMPLETELY" different operating system environment, which means that they are configured differently (I've heard, and the fact that I have a similar model the SPA942, I can tell you it's a lot easier if you are using SIP.) Also I know for sure that what you are trying to accomplish will not work on ANY of the SPA series phone.

Why?

Because Cisco acquired Linksys which acquired a company called Sipura, who FIRST manufactured the Linksys PAP2 ATA adapter and the SPA series phones, and then it was acquired by Linksys and then later acquired by Cisco. The Cisco 79xx phone were originally manufactured by Cisco, and then after Cisco acquired Sipura, they made some modification to it to make it work better, but still it's based on Sipura...

I know this is very thoroughly, but hope this helps... ;-)

Hi,

I am trying the same, capture still images from a linksys ip camera PVC2300 and display them to 7975, without any success up to now!

Is there any utility to capture PNG images to a specific folder (fixed intervals)from my ipcamera?

That will help me a lot.

Thank you.

Hi,

There is not a utility to capture as .png. To get this component working I used a free .jpg capture from camera package on a pc. It would pull a .jpg image every 1 sec and dump it in a folder on my IIS server. I then had a javascript running (again another free download) to convert to .png. have a look at

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=20&threadID=507271

You need to play with the settings a bit as the image capability of the 7900 series phones is a bit agricultural.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thank you for the info.

I will experiment on that, but probably I will need help on the java part.

Can you pls tell me where can I find the JPG capture utility?

Regards

Dimitris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: