Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS Router to PIX VPN Issues

tommyjreige
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a small issue here which someone may be able to shed some light on.

I have a Cisco IOS router which is terminating a site-to-site VPN connection on the dialer interface. The PIX on the other end is behind a NAT router. The tunnel is being established and one subnet is able to see another when the tunnel is up. The thing we are having an issue is both networks on each side of the VPN contain multiple subnets and i cannot connect to all the subnets over the same tunnel.

Any ideas.

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have all the networks in the NAT exemption and in the interesting traffic ACL? Also check to make sure your routing is in place for all the subnets.

Hope that helps.

Yes all this is setup.

I have just found out that Cisco IOS can only make connections from 1 network per crypt map unless multiple connections are made from server to host. This is quite disturbing because i have not seen this in any documentation.

Does anyone know of IOS to PIX IPsec with multiple subnets on each side of the network.

I'm not sure where you you got your information, but it is incorrect. I have configured multiple subnets for VPN with a single connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: