cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1522 interfaces "flapping"

mstrz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 20 1522AG's in lightweight mode running on a 4400 controller. Firmware is all 6.0.

My issue is that the wireless interfaces on these access points are frequently going down and then immediately back up. This happens on each access point multiple times a day.

The AP itself does not lose power or reboot, nor does the controller. I simply get this message:

802.11b/g interface of AP123 is down: Controller 192.168.47.3

It usually clears with minutes, but sometimes longer, like hours.

I've run a syslog on the controller, and all I get is interface up/down messages, no explanation.

Could this be a mesh or CDP issue or something?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure that the link margins between the APs are properly calculated. Second, insure that the APs are properly registered to the controller, third insure that power is not an issue. Lastly, how did your site survey look? Any interference sources?

Hi,

Are all the access points configured to be in the same BGN? How many access points are configured as root? Sometimes, if a mesh access point can hear from multiple parent aps, it might cause an issue.

Regards,

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card