cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move REAL IP address between buildings

townofnewmarket
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7 building MAN setup with fiber interconnecting all buildings. At Bldg 1 is my ISP connection, with a block of 5 real IP addresses. At building 2 I need to put a device that wants one of those REAL IP addys. How do I do that? All 3560s in each building. Can I just add a route to my firewall relating a 192.168.x.x addy to one of the real ones or is there some way to "encapsulate" that real addy thru 2 3560s and over the fiber?

Hope that was clear!

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's exactly what I said, the internal IP address will use Building 1's ISP so all you have to do is configure a static NAT for the Building 2 device.

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Building 2 uses the same ISP as Building 1?

If so, you simply do a static NAT for the device in question from Building 2 on the FW.

HTH,

__

Edison.

I should have been clearer. Building 2 has no ISP connection, the only ISP connection is in Bldg 1. (In effect, all buildings go out Bldg 1's ISP connection. And all traffic inbound from outside would come in on the ISP connection in Bldg 1).

That's exactly what I said, the internal IP address will use Building 1's ISP so all you have to do is configure a static NAT for the Building 2 device.

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card