cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnels and IP inspect rules - HELP!!

enzo.jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have an issue with 2 routers (800 Series), they are configured as VPN endpoints (IPSec) and also as Internet Gateways (NAT & Inspect Rules).

VPN tunnels are on a site-to-site topology (working fine).

I am running VoIP on both sides with 2 Alcatel PBXs using h323 protocol (There is no problem with that communication).

The problem is when my Alcatel IP Phones, from one site, try to connect to the TFTP Server on other PBX in the other site. They show an error saying that the "TFTP connection has failed". I can do ping against the ip address of the TFTP server and I know it is working because other phones at local site dont have problems.

My question is: where is the problem?, IPSec Config? NAT? IP Inspects? or the combination of all?

How can I achieve to allow ALL Traffic and/or ALL Ports from one inside network to another while bringing internet connectivity to inside users? without restricctions on my protected networks and having a good security.

I would like to paste my config files if you need them...

Thank you in advance,

Enzo

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Post your config - remove sensitive information.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response.

Please note attached the config file of one of the 2 routers. Each router has the same config with different IP addresses.

Regards.

Change:-

access-list 101 permit ip 10.0.5.0 0.0.0.255 any

TO:-

access-list 101 deny ip 10.0.5.0 0.0.0.255 10.0.6.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 101 permit ip 10.0.5.0 0.0.0.255 any

And vice versa on the other side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card