Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 Non stop Power cycle

mikehornb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My ATA worked fine, but now it seems that it entered an infinite Power cycle loop. The power LED change from red to green and then remain green for about 12 seconds. After that the LED is off and the cycle started again. During this period I can get access to the web interface for a few seconds. I can also hear the "tick" after the LED changed from red to green. I have NO access to the IVR (the phone connected to the ATA seems dead), so a factory reset is not possible. The same behaviour is with or without the LAN cable attached to the device.

Is there a way to initiate a factory reset command through the web interface? Can the device be repaired?

Thanks,

Mike

6 Replies 6

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should contact the Small Business Support Center for troubleshooting/RMA/replacement.  Their contact information can be found here:  www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1376.

Best Regards,

Do they have an email address?

Thanks,

Mike

No email, but if you will give us a call at 1.866.606.1866 we will be happy to assist you with your issue.

thanks,

Jeff

Before calling the support center, please try the recovery tool attached.

Regards
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for the attached file.

I have tried using the recovery tool (by inserting the serial number of the ATA) but I received the following message... "recovery failed: cannot find the specified device!"

My ATA is configured in bridge mode. It is connected to my router to one of the router ethernet ports. In the ATA the LAN cable is connected to the ATA INTERNET port.

Is this the right connection in order to use the recovery tool?

Do you have more ideas as to debug the problem. If the ATA can still be repaired by me and become operational again I would appreciate any information that you could give me to solve the problem.

Thanks alot,

Mike

Hi Mike;

Unfortunately no. If the device does not respond to the recovery, then you need to issue an RMA with support, provide it is still under warranty.

Regards
Alberto